Tuesday, September 30, 2008

hanging with my bff

I actually got to meet the Amy Butler last night! There was a book signing at the quilt shop (Quilt Beginnings) near my house. She really is as nice as everyone says she is. I wanted to get a picture with her, but between my shyness and my kids being ready to go home and eat supper, it didn't work out.

I picked up a copy of her new book and oh are there awesome patterns in here. I almost can't wait for friends to get pregnant so I can have an excuse to sew! There are a few clothing patterns, toy patterns, and an awesome pattern for a crib bedding set. (So Evelyn, I'm waiting for you to give me some happy news so I can get to sewing!)

I also picked up some fabric from Amy's (we're on a first name basis now, haha) new line daisy chain so I can make some dresses for some sweet twin girls down in Texas. It took a long time to pick out fabric because it was all so beautiful. I guess that means I'll have to go back for some more to make some outfits for Matilda!

No comments: