Tuesday, July 1, 2008

tea party sundress pattern review

I fell in love with this pattern as soon as I got it. It's really hard to find classic and cute patterns for kids anymore. Well, Oliver + S certainly does that!

I made two tea party sundresses so far out of leftover fabric from Matilda's bedding. This pattern is phenomenal! There are a few different options that come with it. You can do piping (which I will try next go round) or make a unisex playsuit instead of the dress.
The pattern is super easy to follow and is easy enough for beginner sewers to tackle. The way the bottom hem is done and the understitching make this little dress look so professional. I made two in 0-3 month size, but the pattern goes all the way up to 18-24 months. You can also purchase 2T-5T. I did make the bloomers with the dress in the bottom picture. I do, however, usually put a onesie underneath it, so I don't really use the bloomers.

I really have no complaints with this pattern. It takes little fabric and is so fun to make. Bonus: Oliver + S is having free shipping on their patterns this summer!! You can bet I'm buying more as soon as I get back from vacation!

*I'm trying to get better at these pattern reviews. Please give me some feedback as to what you would like to hear about the patterns I try out.

No comments: