Friday, September 19, 2008

lights out

In case you haven't heard, Ike got us all the way up here. Last Sunday we had a huge windstorm in Columbus and the surrounding area, knocking the power out to thousands. We lost power for only 24 or so hours. I thankfully hadn't done the grocery shopping for the week yet, so we lost some milk and veggies, but that was about it. It was actually quite peaceful to have no electric humming in the whole house. Jason and I read by candle light, and the kids and I pretended to be camping.

There was also another form of lights out in our household. The big surprise that I mentioned is a bust. I was working on opening an online store to sell fabric and patterns, but have decided not to go forward with it. I have my reasons. Yeah, I just linked myself twice. I'm just that cool!

No comments: