Monday, November 10, 2008

pattern review: oliver and s playdate dress

Yes my addiction to Oliver and S patterns is still going strong. I decided to make the playdate dress for two very sweet twin girls I know in Texas.
It was really fun making two dresses at once. Liam picked out the fabric. Pretty good choices for a 3 year old boy. And it just so happened that he picked fabric from Amy Butler's Daisy Chain line while she was sitting right behind him signing books.

So to get to the review...the instructions were very detailed and easy to follow. This was my second time doing a pleat, and it was super easy to do. This was also my first time to do piping, and I now know that I was way to scared of it for no reason. I also made the buttons myself because I thought it would look better with coordinating buttons. I used a button kit from Joann. The only thing that didn't come out quite right were the ruffles on the front. I think, however, that's due more to my inabilities than the pattern.


Basically, it's an easy, fun pattern for an intermediate sewer. (I think that's what I say about all Oliver and S patterns.) Although if you are a beginner sewer and want to be adventurous, I say try to tackle it.



No comments: