Wednesday, March 4, 2009

books, books, and more books

It's almost time to change my fall/winter reading list over there to my spring/summer reading list. I did make quite a dent in that list. I also strayed a bit. There are some books that I just wasn't in the mood to read, and other books that I couldn't wait to get my hands on. Let's get started with some little reviews, shall we...

The Great Divorce by CS Lewis

Who doesn't love Lewis? This book was in one word, wonderful. It was a short book by page number, but powerfully packed with things to ponder. You start out on a bus ride with the main character from a grayish town to a wonderful (or not so wonderful) place. With him you learn about the great divorce between Heaven and Hell. I highly recommend this book.

In Cold Blood by Truman Capote

I didn't get around to reading this. I watched Capote with Philip Seymour Hoffman though. Does that count?

Inkspell by Cornelia Funke

This is the second part in the Inkheart trilogy. Yes, it's for younger people, but it's fun. In this installment, Meggie and her father, Mo, along with her mother, Resa, find themselves in the Inkworld. I liked this one better than Inkheart because it seem like Funke better understands the characters in this one. I recommend it if you want a fast, fun read. I highly recommend it for kids 9-12ish.

Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke

Obviously the third installment of the Inkheart trilogy. While I still enjoyed Inkspell more, this one wasn't all that bad. It's definitely the darkest of the three, but it tends to drag out in some areas. Still, a good read for those younger folk.

OK, that's it for the reviews now. I'll review the rest in another post. I know they're short and sweet, but I have a baby hanging on my pants leg.

On another note, I just started work on a quilt for my etsy shop. The shop is going through a revamp...slowly. But the quilt I designed, if it comes out the way I want it to...awesome.

No comments: