I'll stray from my usual bland posts about sewing and knitting and wee ones just this once. I'm sure my one reader won't mind. Here's a bit of my 2010 in review:
- In January 2010 we started the long, stressful, fun, scary process of relocating from Ohio to Texas.
- In February we celebrated our sixth anniversary. I'm still totally in love with him.
- In March our daughter turned 2 and our Ohio house went on the market.
- In April our fourth child, Matthew, was born. I had no idea how silly he would be. I celebrated my 32nd birthday even though I still feel like a teenager. An offer was made on our Ohio house.
- In May all was calm. Then came the storm...
- In June we sold our home and bought a new one in Texas. My aunt passed away a week before we moved from Ohio. My mother passed away a week after we moved to Texas.
- In July I moved into my new home and buried my mother two days later and had a birthday party for my four year old son two days after that. My best friend from childhood called me when he heard about my mother. I didn't recognize his voice and that saddened me.
- In August my oldest son started Kindergarten.
- In September I rested.
- In October we trick or treated with our family. My sweet celebrated his 39th birthday.
- In November my first born turned 6. I made him a cake and hugged him a lot.
- In December my King celebrated his birthday. We helped him celebrate by baking lots of cookies and spending time together.
What do I want in 2011? More little things. It's in those little things or little moments that I find happiness. I don't want to spend my time chasing after things that I think will make me happy. I want to sit back and notice all the things that do make me happy.
Happy New Year to all.