Friday, December 17, 2010

traditions

Here are a few (ok a lot) of pictures of some of our Christmas traditions... Our Advent Calendar (each day is a little book that tells the story of Christmas) lined with some porcelin angels that my mom used to decorate with.
Liam's first ornament.
Jack's first ornament.
Matilda's first ornament.
Matthew's first ornament.
One of my mom's old ornaments.
Some more of my mom's ornaments. I vividly remember taking these off the tree and playing with them. The polar bear is a candle.

Another of my mom's. This was one of my favorites as a kid.
Lining baby Jesus' crib with good deeds. The kids get to put a piece of "straw" in for every good deed they do. The more good deeds, the softer Jesus' crib will be when he arrives Christmas day.
Our Advent wreath. It's small and humble. We bought it our first Christmas together when we didn't have much money. I haven't replaced it and don't know if I ever will.
That cranberry garland took a while to make, but I kinda like it! And the Santa all the way to the left hold Christmas cards and candy canes. This is another thing I remember playing with as a child. And of course our Nativity is on the mantle so the kids can see it every day.
And here's a tiny new addition to our Christmas.











No comments: